the only thing i don’t like about my dogs is i have no idea when any of their birthdays are…
of the remaining three, buffi was a shelter dog (no record of a date) and copper and lucky both adopted me, not the other way around (i.e. came up to me in some public place and then followed me home) so i don’t know what any of their signs are (sorry kramer). i did always guesstimate that calum would have been born around the end of july, first of august, and i ran into a nice, sad bit about the surgery he went through we thought might kill him…who knew it would make him stronger for his last eighteen months of life?
05/07/2006: “tequila, the boy, and me makes three”
a sunday six pack needs to be up front here:
1. drunk people tend to repeat themselves.
2. i’ve never censored or edited what i put on here, and i don’t plan to start.
3. the good people at fat cow, my hosting folk, had server issues that kept the part of the site where i can add new material offline for most of the weekend, which is why i didn’t put anything new up yesterday – ’cause that’s when this one should have gone up…LATE yesterday, and the addition and retitling of friday’s bit should have been done EARLY yesterday.
4. drunk people also tend to rant.
5. “the boy” mentioned in the title refers to calum, not some youngster, so don’t get the law involved. and the “me” refers to the guy who writes the page, and not the curvy latin hottie that comments on it every so often.
6. not only am i the “me” referenced in the title, but am also the referred to “drunk people” in numbers one and four of this list.
some of this looks an awful lot like the intro i also wrote yesterday to re-introduce the newly retitled bit from thursday. that being said, here’s the other stuff i wrote while my server was down and i couldn’t post live stuff yesterday:
“terrible” – that’s a bit harsh…
some of you might notice the title changed on the last bit…
…with good reason.
a few people pointed out that “terrible” would apply if certain death was the case.
calum and i have dealt with a lot. just the two of us. me & him. and the same team will deal with this mother’s day weekend. nobody else. just us.
and that’s for the better, i believe.
i’ll clear my schedule. get all the out of the house stuff done. basically, between 5:00 p.m. Friday and 6:00 a.m. Monday it’s just calum and me – the rest of the world doesn’t mean shit.
nobody will exist in our world but me & him – worked through the last ten years, and will work through the most difficult days of those ten years.
no visitors. no guests. no drama. and most importantly, none of that “you love the dogs more that you love me” bullshit. no names mentioned on that last one – but it won’t be around. just me and my boy – and to hell with anyone that gets in our way.
i couldn’t be happier.
for ten years mother’s day weekend has been a downer for me – for the first time i consider it a positive. the spirit of liz lives in me and how i will treat my own after a harsh week – and the two of us will be just fine.
we’ll do pay-per-view. we’ll watch movies. and the mobile won’t be touched for forty-eight hours…
and to anyone that has issue with this? here’s some vaseline lip balm and some knee pads – you’ll need them to get comfortable for what you need to do…
…i’m just sayin’.
for the first time in my life every human i would count on to support me (emotionally) on mother’s day weekend isn’t around – and that’s okay. ’cause mom didn’t ever need anything except her boy…
…and this year, i got mine.
me and calum.
what else do i need?
leave your well wishes for him (or me) on the voicemail.
we might not be available. but rest assured – on the OTHER side of the weekend we’ll be fine.
we’re like that.
and no more need be said on the subject…